X5 DVD Video System II Installation Guide This installation guide is intended to be used as a supplement to the BMW Installation Instructions for X5
Picture of the rear component center with the DVD drive seating on top shelf. The middle DVD drive is for the navigation system.
PICTURES OF KIT CONTENTS OVERHEAD CONSOLE WITH MONITOR COVERED IN PROTECTIVE WRAP DVD DRIVE (MADE BY ALPINE – MODEL DVA5205) OVERHEAD MOUNTING H
DVD INSTALLATION KIT PLASTIC BLIND RIVET AND RIVET SETTER (can be bought from Napa Auto Store)
INSTALLATION OF THE OVERHEAD MONITOR 1. Use finger or trim panel remove tool to lower the rear dome light assembly by releasing the clips at four co
6. Here is the dome light mounting bracket that mounts onto the upper mounting ring. 7. To remove the bracket, insert a small, flat-tip screwdrive
10. Locate the left rear grab handle in the rear passenger compartment. Lower the handle to expose 2 plastic tabs on the sides. 11. To remove t
15. Install the left and right overhead console mounting brackets. Position each bracket with flanged edge of bracket facing toward the front of veh
19. Remove the left rear C-pillar trim panel by grabbing the top of the panel and pull outward until the clip disengages. Check and make sure the
22. Locate 4 pre-marked holes on the mounting bracket. Remove the bracket from the overhead console and drill 4 holes using a 1/8” drill bit. 23. R
33. Use the supplied fish tape, fish the A/V and Power cables from the overhead console opening in the headliner to the left side of the vehicle.
INSTALLATION OF THE DVD DRIVE 42. Remove the cargo floor panel and the left access panel (by the CD changer area). 43. Remove the left plastic suppor